The supplement industry is huge. Like HUGE. We are talking over $200 billion huge.
But the question is.. WHY?
Does every single person that uses supplements see the benefits that these products supposedly offer?
Or are the false promises of these companies just that tempting?
Now don’t get me wrong, I use several supplements daily to help me meet my goals. But I have learned from past experience as well as from my educational background that most of the supplement companies on the market are full of bologna.
Just remember this: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Any product that promises that you will lose ginormous amounts of fat without having to lift a finger is surely a marketing scam. The sad thing is that people actually buy into these products!
The thing most people don’t understand is that it probably took quite a while to put on those unwanted pounds. It took some work and time. Therefore, getting those same pounds off will take even longer and a whole lot more work!
This is not a popular concept which is probably why most people go for the easy route (there is no easy route:)
So what should you be doing instead of wasting money on fat burning supplements that don’t actually work??
Here is a step by step process of HOW TO BURN BODY FAT:
- Hire a good coach. Not only does this give you some accountability, but you will work harder when someone else is pushing you. That is a guarantee! You will also work more on your weaknesses. Let’s be honest, if you go to the gym and do your own thing, you will do what you are good at. Period. So hire a coach. (If you are in or near Richardson, TX, pick ME!
- Strength train 3-4 times a week and mix in your cardio as well. Strength training builds muscle. Which helps burn fat. Cardio doesn’t build muscle like lifting weights. If you want to burn fat/tone/insert favorite buzz word, you HAVE to strength train.
- Lock in your nutrition. If you want to have the results you’ve never had, you have to do some things you’ve never done. What you put in your mouth is 100% responsible for your results. (Not sure what you should be eating? Try THIS out.)
- Get some sleep. 7-9 quality hours per night. This should be priority #2 behind your nutrition.
- De-stress. Stress is a major contributor to holding on to some of that “stubborn” body fat. So get rid of it. If whatever you are stressing over is not something you can stop doing, make some time to meditate. I LOVE Headspace.
- After you have nailed down all of the previous FIVE bullet points, then look to some supplements for assistance with your nutrition. Obviously check with your doctor before taking any supplements, but here are my TOP 3:
- Fish oil. I like the liquid because it’s a bigger bang for your buck. Check out Thorne Research or Genuine Health.
- Protein or Amino Acids. Both are pretty much offering the same thing, but the aminos don’t come with the extra calories. So if you are looking for a pre- or post-workout recovery drink, shoot for the aminos. If it’s more of a meal or shake, go for the protein powder.) If you go the whey protein route, go with whey protein isolate.)
- Multi-vitamin. Most people don’t get all of the necessary vitamins and minerals from their diet. So a multi-vitamin is a good thing to consider.
- BONUS: Drink water. The end
So I know this is not the easiest thing to hear when you are looking for fast results. But..it doesn’t work like that.
Remember that it is much easier to keep the weight off once you get to where you want to be than it is to lose it in the first place.
So get to work!
If you have any questions or comments, or if you’d like to learn more about the programs I currently offer, check out my website HERE.
THIS is also a good infographic from Precision Nutrition that discusses the cost of getting lean.